Saturday 25 September 2010

WORDKILL


Leave me a piece of news -
not the kind they have in newspapers
but something you saw, or heard.
Leave me a piece of rumor.

I'll bundle it up down in my mind,
think of it, make some more perceptions,
then leave it with someone 
whom I have just met.

A new person is hard to impress.
With my news I break blues,
give a hint of my virtues
of having something so special.

                                              The person takes my news
                                               and my perceptions,
                                               adds it up with some of his
                                               then goes out in the world.

                                              The rumor so travels,
                                              it becomes a big marvel
                                              everyone knows it,
                                              the person has had it!

                                             In the beginning was the WORD
                                             and the word was a rumor,
                                             a made up story to the address
                                            of an innocent person who bears it like tumor.